4.11.2011

starting the week off right.

sunday couldn't have come at a better time this week. (isn't that how it always is?) i love this day for so many reasons. just to name a few: 

i get to talk to my family. the ones in idaho, and the ones in brasil. i usually get quite a long chat with my mom on skype. (which is always much needed) today this included my adorable niece singing "someday my prince will come." made my whole day. 
the end of the week (when its the end of the semester) usually leaves me feeling pretty run down and very burnt out, but 3 hours of church always fixes that.
 no homework:) -not that i don't have any, i've just made it a goal not do DO any on sunday. best decision of my life, i would recommend it to everyone.
being with my roommates all day long. our school/work schedules are completely different-sometimes it feels like we don't see each other for days. sunday usually fixes that.
today i was thinking how awesome it is that we are encouraged to wear our {sunday best} i'm sure a lot of you, like me, get more done up for church than any other day. (heavens knows i don't get dolled up for school) i love being surrounded by everyone looking so cleaned up and nice. 
the guitar is somehow always involved on sunday.
my fiance looks smokin hot in a shirt and a tie.
brian and i go up to sandy quite a bit. and always get an amazing home cooked meal. :)
sunday popcorn. 
naps.  
visitors. family/ friends. it's the best.
sundays give me the energy/strength to take on the rest of the week.

today was one of those sundays that everything said at church was for me. one of those sundays that makes me want to be a better person, in every way. one of those sundays where everyones testimonies/lessons/comments were all related to each other. one of those sundays where you go home feeling better than ever. one of those sundays that where you know you're at the right place. one of those sundays that you know the gospel is the most important thing. one of those sundays that you know,without a doubt, it's all true.

also, brian and i have been attending a marriage/temple prep class. two of our bishopric members teach it, and it has been so good for us. today we talked about two talks that were given in general conference.

priesthood power-president monson 
the eternal blessings of marriage-elder scott

the talk by president monson was given in priesthood session. if you haven't read it, do it. it's one of my favorite talks from conference. somehow he talks about everything there is to talk about in a couple of pages. very applicable to everyone. i also loved elder scott's. pretty sure i'm ready to take this marriage thing on. :)

thank goodness for sundays.



2 comments:

  1. you posted a post! HOORAY. i love sundays too. especially ones with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those were two of my favorite talks to. i'm pretty sure you and going to be darn good at this marriage thing. hope your week ends as good as it starts

    ReplyDelete