4.06.2011

one of those days

yesterday was a bad day. just one of those days when nothing really bad happens, just a lot of little things that accumulate and make it not very fun. so, that's how my day was. just a lot of little bad things. until about 3 o clock. then something really bad happened. which was the icing on the already bad cake. (and i hate cake)

so......a little bit grumpy, and really tired i get off work and decide i'm going to make myself feel better. my mom told me she'd buy me an easter dress, and i've known exactly what i want for some time-so i was going to treat myself to a brand new dress. i headed to the mall, in decent spirits, walked into the store, grabbed what i wanted, paid for it and was on my way out in less than three minutes. as i was walking out the door i checked my pockets and start to panic. oh no, where are my keys?? but i already knew, they were in my car. i was praying the whole way to the car "pleasse pleasssse be unlocked." but did i get that lucky? of course not. well....you think that's bad. guess who's cell phone was also in the locked car. gooood one macey.

also, i don't have a spare key to my car. never have, probably never will.

i stood outside of my car for probably 20 minutes trying to figure out what i'm supposed to do and trying not to cry. (please keep in mind, that i never cry) so, the only person's phone number i know by heart (besides my families) is brian's. but he was at work...and i wasn't sure what time he was going to get off. [probably not for a couple of hours] but since he was my only hope..i decided i'd go into jcpennys and call him.

i go to customer service, and they tell me their phones don't dial out, unless you go to the catalog desk. so i go upstairs to the catalog desk, and of course the lady that is working has to be the grouchiest lady in the world. she couldn't help me for about 15 minutes because she was busy chewing out her husband on the phone. (apparently he forgot to pay the cell phone bill.) after waiting there for about fifteen minutes she gets off the phone and i asked her if i can use the phone. thank goodness she said yes, and then put in like a ten digit code before i could dial out.

brian is pretty good at returning my texts/calls when he's at work. he works at the mtc so sometimes when i'm calling he can just step out of the classroom and take it. or if he's not able to do that he'll call me/text me back when he can. which usually never takes long. but i knew he wasn't going to answer the phone of a random number calling him. and i didn't think he wasn't going to be able to call me back-because that ten digit number the lady typed in was pretty complicated. so, i left him a message. which consisted of: my keys and phone are locked in my car, and i don't know what to do. call me back if you CAN.....if not i'll just try to call you in a couple of hours. (but of course i forgot to mention the fact that i was at jcpenny.)

not knowing what to do after that i sat down on one of the chairs and decided i'd call him again in 45 minutes. (i was too scared to ask the lady any sooner then that) plus she was back on the phone with her husband, yelling.

well, about five minutes later the phone started ringing.....and ringing and ringing. she couldn't answer it because she was "busy." i couldn't help but thinking..."that's probably brian." but there was nothing i could do about it...so it just kept ringing and ringing. then, about five minutes after THAT a spanish lady's voice came over the store intercom. "macey jones.....sadflasdkfjldkj" (i didn't understand anything except my name, because of her accent.) she repeated the same thing like three times, but i didn't know what to do! was i supposed to go somewhere downstairs? stay put? call brian back? ugh. instead, i just kept sitting.

the mean lady was finally off the phone and had a line of about ten customers. when the phone rang and she [finally] answered it. you could tell she was overwhelmed and super annoyed, but she looked at me and said "macey jones, you're wanted on the phone." it was brian. hooray.


after brian drove down to hang out with me, he called 5 different locksmiths and found the cheapest one, and then $50 bucks later...he told me how he got ahold of me. apparently he called the number i called from back and got: "welcome to jcpenny....choose which department you would like to speak to." of course he didn't know where i was in the store. so he just tried his best guess. first, the women's department. next, women's dresses. (that's where the spanish lady paged me) last, women's shoes. (and that's where the guy told him i probably called from the catalog desk and connected him there)

pretty sure if our positions would have been reversed i would have given up as soon as i dialed jcpenny because i wouldn't have known what else to do. and probably would have just waited for him to call me again. but not brian. he would spend 45 minutes trying to figure out where i am.....and rescue me from the mean lady. moral of the story: he is the best fiance.



thank goodness for this boy. 
[the hat is proof that it was just a bad day. bad hair and all]



6 comments:

  1. What a boy!...they are really so much better in those kind of situations!
    Trevor has locked our keys out 3 times in the past couple months and we FINALLY got a spare made a walmart...it doesn't start the car because i guess those HAVE to be made at the dealership but we got a key holder to put under our wheel well and it only cost a total of about $5. So much cheaper than the locksmith and has been SO handy since then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mace! Even if it was a horrible no-good day...it was a super duper CUTE story!! Warmed my bosom :) Hope all is well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha I know I shouldn't be laughing but I feel for ya. And the difference between you and I is that I WOULD be crying the whole time. Good ol' Brian. The way he handled it seems a little like someone else that I know:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh i do hate bad days, and that was certainly one. but way to come to the rescue brian!!!he does sound pretty wonderful. you should get a spare. maybe i'll give you one as a wedding gift...haha. anyways, for a bad hair day you sure do look cute in a hat, so let those "bad hair" days work for you whenever you want.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad Brian was able to come to your rescue! I would have totally lost it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you were rescued by your knight in shining armor.

    ReplyDelete