11.25.2010

"both abundance [and lack of abundance] exists simultaneously in our lives, as parrallel realities. it is always our conscience choice which secret garden we will tend...when we choose not to focus on what is missing in our lives but are greatful for the abunance that's present-love, health, family, friends, work, the joys of nature and personl pursuits that bring us happiness-the wasteland of illusion falls away and we experience heaven on earth." -president monson


i find myself far too often complaining about things i feel are super hard. for example: how 7 degrees outside makes it faar too cold to go running. or how my teacher in one class is making us take a test every week up until the final exam. or how i don't get to spend thanksiving/birthdays with my parents and sweet little sisters. rough life right??? yeah...i sometimes think so....


BUT...then read a quote like this. or listen to a 6 year old boy give the blessing on our thanksgiving meal and thank heavenly father that we "even have food for thanksgiving." those kinds of things always get you thinking. and in my case got me thinking: you know what? it may be 7 degrees outside, but thank goodnss i have a healthy body and the ABILITY to run at all. and yeah..nobody likes test, but i have the OPPORTUNITY that a lot of people don't have. to go to a university and gain an education. and even though it's hard being away from my family, i'm thankful for the wonderful gandparents and family members i have here, that take good care of me and make these days great regardless of being 4000 miles away from my family.


looks to me like i don't have too much to complain about. happy thanksgiving y'all:)

3 comments:

  1. very true. that's a great quote. hope you had a great thanksgiving. cant wait to see you.. 3 weeks!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Macey! You are amazing, and I don't think you complain too much at all. I think you make everyone around you feel so loved and make each and everyone of us become better people. Thanks for all you and and for your little message.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just what I needed to hear today Mace! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete